Imagine how it would be if someone keeps trespassing your home’s boundary without your permission to ruin what you’ve built with so much love. Leave No Trace is a simple culture that we follow here at our campsite. It may not seem so vital to follow these rules but the impact of visitors and campers is massive.
Setting A Plan
It’s a must to always be prepared. Take out the time to carefully plan your outdoor camping trip while trying to minimize the damange to the environment. Hiking & camping lovers with improper planning can find themselves in a fix when faced with unforeseen expectations.
- Always be prepared for extreme weather, hazards & emergencies.
- Time your trips for maximum efficient utilization of it.
- The natural areas should be visited by not more than 5-8 people at a time.
- Leftover food items, packets etc. should be carefully repackaged & foil, plastic items etc. should never be left behind.
- Keep a small map & compass to remove the need for marking on trees & using other materials for checkpoints.
Pack It Out, Pack It In!
NEVER leave your trash behind in the natural surroundings. It destroys the beauty & the Mother Earth herself. Camp responsibly! Make use of trash bags & inspect the campsite before departure.
- Prevent the contamination of the stream & avoid the use of soap entirely.
- Plan your meal properly. Any leftovers should be buried deep in the ground or pit or should be carried outside the campsite. In fact, in some camps packing leftovers is mandatory.
Admire The Beauty, Don’t Malign It!
- If you find rocks, natural objects & plants, leave them as they are.
- Do not dig trenches at the campsite, specially near the trees.
- Do not hammer nails, boards etc. on the trees.
- Conduct bon-fires in safe & open areas with little or no dry bushes.
- Remember, good campsites are built, not found.
Be Considerate Campers
Respect other visitors & their quality of outdoor experience. Everything you do shall reflect on the future campers. Let the sound of the jungle sing to you, so leave those CD players, radios & iPads home…